I am a sports and music fanatic from Farmington, CT, currently attending Saint Joseph's University in Connecticut. I am mainly interested in College Basketball, CIAC High School Basketball, and Major League Baseball, though I follow just about all sports closely.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Kuran Iverson

Kuran Iverson's a name I'd mentioned a few times before, and am very intrigued by. Yesterday the 6'8" freshman, who plays mostly out on the perimeter, dropped 20 points, 10 rebounds, and five blocks, in a heartbreaking loss to a very strong Middletown team.

From what I hear, he still needs a little fine tuning on his game, but he's a freshman varsity starter and that's to be expected. But anytime a Freshman comes in at 6'8", has ball-handling skills of a guard, outside shooting range, and athleticism off the charts, some heads are going to be turned.

I'd suggest seeing this kid play now, because although it would be a bummer for the CIAC, who knows if he'll stay a Northwest Catholic much longer. But when you do see him, you may just be seeing a future NBA prospect in the making.

No comments: